About Chris Kovac (Kansas City)
What I do: Founded River Watch Beef, LLC in 2016 with a mission to deliver premium grass-fed beef, direct to consumers, for about the same price as the local butcher — learn more at: RiverWatchBeef.com. I am currently an investor at BetaBlox, a startup accelerator in Kansas City and Tulsa. Also serve as a business and marketing consultant for select small and mid-market companies. Currently serving on the Marketing Advisory Council (MAC) for the Henry W. Bloch School of Management at the University of Missouri, Kansas City (UMKC).
My Experience: Over the past 20 years, I’ve had the opportunity to help both large and small businesses with developing and implementing successful digital marketing programs. I’ve worked with some of the most well-respected brands in the world, including: 3M, Hallmark, Sprint, FMC + many others. I also enjoy working with start-ups and early-stage businesses.
My Investments: As of June 2017, my BetaBlox portfolio includes equity positions in 50+ diversified start-ups and early-stage businesses, including: Catalyst Scrubs (http://www.catalystscrubs.com), Custom Trailer Pros (http://customtrailerpros.com), http://www.AirFiltersOnDemand.com, Instaglam Box (http://www.instaglambox.com), etc.
Current + Past Board Positions
– Henry W. Bloch School of Management at the University of Missouri, Kansas City (UMKC) – Marketing Advisory Panel
– United Way of Greater Kansas City (UWGKC) – Marketing Co-Chair, Social Media Advisory Chairperson
– Business Marketing Association of Kansas City (BMAKC)
– 1212 Club , Kansas City Club
– ‘2015 Techweek100’ (Kansas City) – http://techweek.com/techweek100/
– ’33 Entrepreneurs, Marketers, and Thought Leaders to Watch in 2016′ – Inc.com (https://www.inc.com/travis-wright/33-entrepreneurs-marketers-and-thought-leaders-to-watch-in-2016.html)
– ‘2015 National Small Business Influencer Award’ – Top100
– ‘2015 Community Choice Honoree’ – Top 5 in Expert category